Building a Bridge Between:
Education, Science, Industry and Government
The State of Michigan continues to transform from a traditional manufacturing economy to a knowledge-based economy. Higher education is a critical piece of this transformation. The University of Michigan must continue to build a bridge between education, science, industry, and government. As a member of the Board of Regents my focus is on facilitating productive partnerships fostering innovation and entrepreneurship. Your contribution to my re-election campaign will help me continue to support quality affordable higher education for the people of the State of Michigan.
Add Your Support to the Re-election of Kathy White
One of the best ways to show your support for Kathy White’s re-election to the University of Michigan Board of Regents is to tell your friends. They respect your opinion and will value your personal endorsement. You can send your endorsement to your friends via email or the campaign can provide you with special “friend-to-friend” postcards.
Kathy White is a Leader with a Proven History of Results
Kathy White began her service on the University of Michigan Board of Regents in 1999. Since then, she has helped lead the university through challenging times. During these years, state appropriations have generally decreased, putting great pressure on the price of tuition. Following her conviction that quality of education should not be jeopardized, but energized and enhanced; her leadership has protected accessibility to outstanding higher education for the people of the State of Michigan.
With a diverse and powerful resume, Kathy White has the vision and leadership skills necessary to lead the University of Michigan through these challenging times. Kathy White’s experience as a Professor of Law, a registered patent attorney, an electrical engineer, and a Lt. Colonel in the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General Corps is unparalleled. She has also been honored with being named both a Fulbright Senior Scholar and a White House Fellow. She is uniquely qualified to guide large organizations with a powerful blend of strategic vision and tactical skill.
- Michigan Society of Professional Engineers
- Southeastern Chapter of Michigan Society of Professional Engineers
- Michigan Education Association
- Michigan Nurses Association
- American Federation of Teachers—Michigan
- MI AFL-CIO
- AFSCME Local 1583
- International Union of Operating Engineers Local 324 PAC
- Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers Trowel Trades Union, Local 2 of Michigan
- Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters and Milwrights
- International Association of Heat & Frost Insulators & Allied Workers Local Union No. 25
- SEIU MI State Council
Message from Friends of Kathy White
We are down to the last two weeks of the campaign before the Election on Tuesday, November 4, 2014. Although the campaign season has been long, the most important time is now. This is how you can help:
- For those of you, who have requested friend-to-friend postcards, please send them out this week if you have not already done so. Also, you can still email a friend and make a recommendation that they vote for Kathy White for Regent, University of Michigan – Tell a Friend.
- You can contribute to the campaign – Contribute.
- You can attend the Candidate Forum for the University of Michigan Board of Regents, Friday, October 24th, 4:00 PM at Weill Hall, Annenberg Auditorium, 735 S. State Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109. This a free event with reception to follow sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Michigan – More Information.
- You can VOTE for Kathy White, on November 4, 2014